It’s hard to put into words how much we love our scotch eggs, it’s all about the perfect runny yoke and crispy outer shell. If you ever see us in Pigsty, our restaurant in Bristol you will probably find us eating one of our scotch eggs, you just can’t walk past one without picking it up.
Ingredients (makes 6)
· 7 Eggs (keep one for the egg wash)
· 2 Packs of Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages
· 100g Plain flour
· 80g Panko bread crumbs
· Oil to deep fry
1. Boil 6 eggs for 4 to 5 minutes. Then cool in cold water for 30 minutes, once cool peel the eggs
- Remove the skins from the 6 Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages and mould about 100g of the sausage meat around each egg
- Whisk up the 7th egg for the egg wash and pour some plain flour into a bowl
- Roll each ball in flour, dip in the egg wash then roll in the Panko bread crumbs
- To cook, deep fry for 4 – 5 minutes in 175-degree oil
We usually eat with some homemade coleslaw but these are also crowd pleasers when it comes to lunchboxes too.