These are pots of pure joy, everything you need to tick the ‘I’m really hungry’ box. Our kids love squashing the bread flat so it’s a good one to keep them occupied for 5 minutes on a Saturday morning!
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 blob of butter
1 pack of Jolly Hog sausages (we use our Proper Porkers)
1 pack of Jolly Hog bacon (we use our Black Treacle Bacon)
6 slices of bread
2 handfuls of grated cheese
1. Put the oven on a medium heat
2. Pop your Jolly Hog sausages in a pan and pop in the oven
3. In a frying pan over a medium heat cook your Jolly Hog bacon
4. Flatten the slices of bread using your hand or a rolling pin
5. Grease a muffin tray
6. Once the sausages are cooked take them out and cut in half
7. Line each muffin case with a slice of bread to make your pot
8. Layer up the pot with one sausage half and a rasher of bacon, then crack an egg on top and sprinkle some cheese.
9. Do this for all 6 and pop in the oven for 5-10mintues depending on hoe runny you like your eggs.
10. Serve up and enjoy everyone’s happy faces.