We’ve probably said, ‘It’s getting cold’ about 5 times already this morning. When you work in an office with no heating, knowing you will be having a dinner like this when you get home keeps you going through the day.
We love pork so include both our sausages and bacon in this recipe, it would be rude not to!
- 2 free-range eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 300ml full fat milk
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 pack of Jolly Hog sausages (we usually go with a mixture of Proper Porkers and Porky Blacks)
- 1 pack of Jolly Hog Black Treacle Smoked Bacon
- Handful of Thyme
- Large glug of oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7
2. Whisk together the eggs the slowly add the flour and then the milk, salt and pepper, giving it a good mix to make sure you have gotten rid of any lumps. Leave to rest whilst you prepare the rest.
3. Chop the leek and bacon into 1cm chunks
4. In a large roasting pan pour in the oil and pop in the oven, once the oil is hot and smoking pour in the batter and lay the sausages on top, then sprinkle over the bacon, leeks and thyme
5. Pop back in the oven and cook for approx. 20 – 30 minutes until puffed up and golden.
6. Serve with gravy and mashed potato for the ultimate ‘we made it through the week’ comfort meal.