Perfect for lunches, parties or late night snacking, this sausage roll recipe is quick, easy and perfect for popping in your lunch box.
Recipe makes 4 large or 6 medium
2 packs of Jolly Hog Caramelised Porkers
Egg wash (just lightly whisk up one egg)
Sesame seeds (alternatively use poppy seeds or your favourite dried herbs)
- Remove the sausage meat from their casings, buy running a sharp knife along the length of the Porkers. We use the Caramelised Porkers but you can use any flavour of sausage meat.
- Cut the puff pasty sheets into rectangles approximately 10 x 15 cm in size.
- Roll up two/three sausages worth of the sausage meat into well, the shape of a sausage.
- Wrap in the puff pastry and glaze with the egg wash. (TIP: If you don't own a pastry brush, you can use a bit of kitchen towel)
- Score the top of the pastry, sprinkle on the sesame seeds and bake in a pre-heated oven (185°C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown.